Tuesday 8 July 2014

Pectoral Sandpiper Haroldswick 07/07/2014

So today I managed to catch up with the Pectoral Sandpiper at Haroldswick after I "dipped" it by a minute yesterday!
I cycled up to Haroldswick from Baltasound and luckily there was a couple there looking at the bird and I saw it almost immdeiately after speaking to them.
The bird tended to "hock" about in the mud after insects and bugs, giving the rare opportunity for a non-blurred photo!

My best shot of this Atlantic travel

 A first for me and my new bird in Unst in two weeks!

A more silhouetted photo of the Sandpiper

A short video I took of the Sandpiper (no edits)

So the Pectoral Sandpiper was my 213th bird in Shetland and one to my ever growing list! it was pretty good to catch up with it and a tour group I told from Orkney managed to see the bird as well!


1 comment:

  1. Great photos & video! seen from the USA! cheers Tommy & Henry

    ReplyDelete