Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 Photos September-December

Seeing as I have posted little this year I thought I should share my photos at least until I get my blog posts sorted, so here's a selection of photos from September to December in backwards order that I just want to share.


Green-winged Teal (Top) and Teal (Bottom) at Muckle Roe during a bird race in November


Killdeer at The Wart, Sandwick in early November, only the third Shetland record

Isabelline Wheatear at Noss, Spiggie late October


"Stejnegeri's" Stonechat (subspecies of the Siberian), Fair Isle in October


Self found Shorelark in Fair Isle in October

The bird was a lifer and a much desired tick after dipping one several days before

One of several description species I found this year

Olive-backed Pipit, Fair Isle in October down to 15 feet



'tristis' Chiffchaff, Fair Isle in October

Self found Red-breasted Flycatcher, Fair Isle

Red-flanked Bluetail right on the top of Ward Hill, Fair Isle in October, I happily missed lunch to see this bird


Pine Bunting at Quoy, Fair Isle in October

The first of a string of records in Shetland and the UK

One of four on Fair Isle that autumn

Pechora Pipit at Fair Isle in October that stayed for roughly two weeks

Yellow-browed Warbler that I ringed in Fair Isle in October

Sheepdog in Unst October

Osprey and Raven at Norwick, Unst early October

Only my third in Shetland following birds in Fair Isle in May and September!

Sunset over the North Mainland
Brown Shrike at Aith at the end of September

Sneezewort at Loch of Voe in September

Sanderling at Virkie in September

Mid Yell black & white

1 comment: