Saturday 11 May 2013

A run aroond da toon

Since it was a nice day (the 5th of May), me and my dad decided to take a run around Lerwick for a look for some birds (and a bite to eat).


A Canada Goose on the Clickimin Loch , a nice start to the day and a
new edition to my Shetland List.

Also a Woodpigeon was around da Loch

Relaxing seals at SEALfield

Female Tufted Duck


Redshank at da Skipidock boat harbour

Wheatear or Steynshakker at Gremista,
one of the birds I miss da most when
the Autumn Migration comes

A Raven blinking

always nice to get a good shot of them

Collard Dove

Also the day before me and Paula went to Kergord for a look for some birds and we found a calling Merlin (Link to call at the bottom), 1 female Pied Wagtail, 2 Woodpigeons and alot of Rooks.

Also on the 5th me and my Grandad took a trip around Asta & Tingwall Loch and found a flock of about 400 Black-Headed  Gulls, 40 Common Gulls, 4 Tufted Ducks, 2 Red-throated Divers and 3 Whooper Swans.

Merlin Call






No comments:

Post a Comment